A note from our President:
“As the end of the year approaches, I’d like to say thank you to the We Are Creed Board. I appreciate that the board encourages me, but they also make me focus on achieving each goal to the best of our ability. Even more importantly, they do all of this as volunteers.
For the entire 2018 year, we waited patiently (kind of) for our 501(c)(3) status.
On December 10, 2018 (one year ago tomorrow), we received our nonprofit status, which has allowed us to:
– Sent 180 children to a bookstore to choose their own books with our gift cards
– Provided over 200 new books to at-risk classrooms or classrooms with new teachers
– Shared 6 boxes of gently used donated books to schools and a foster care agency so new children can love them
– Delivered 1 box of books and pajamas to a family that lost everything in a fire
– Presented books and pajamas to everyone staying in a domestic violence shelter
Some days, this doesn’t seem like a lot and we can do so much more. Other days, I realize we had little experience as a nonprofit and we’re 100% volunteer-based.
I feel like today is the eve of our birthday, and I’m excited to see what lies ahead for us!
Thank you, Mary, Joyce, & Mrs. Ciango for joining me on this adventure! We would not be where we are without you!”